Verify The Site For Fraud
On the Internet, more than 10,000 different online stores and shopping sites are created every year. Some of them may not be reliable. Due to this, money can easily leak to a scammer, and the average buyer cannot prove anything.
Fraud is very common on the Internet. Even if the appearance of the site does not raise suspicion, the creator may be a thief with a goal to steal your money. Fraud schemes abound, from phishing sites and fake online stores to mailings with malicious links.
Use https://free-lookup.net/singapore to find out who’s calling you and identify scammers. We have listed below the best services for checking sites and providing useful recommendations to identify fraudulent resources.
1. Affiliate Program for WebMoney
A popular service for checking the reliability of a site is WebMoney Advisor. The scanner is meant to tell a user whether he can trust a site and transfer money to the merchant.
Using the service, you can find positive and negative reviews, a site’s ranking, and a site’s traffic index. It is also indicative that the resource is unreliable if there are no reviews found for it and it has a zero rating.
Install the WebMoney Advisor extension to automatically scan all the sites you visit. Chrome, Opera, Firefox, and Yandex browsers are supported.
2. Check site registration with WhoIS
You can find out where a domain is registered, and who the hosting provider is by using WhoIS. It will be useful for users who have already come across fraud and want to find the perpetrator.
The moment you know who exactly maintains the site, you can contact the hosting provider and find out who defrauded you. All data will only be provided to you if you can prove that you have been deceived.
3. Tool from TrustOrg.com
Trustorg lets you determine a website’s level of trustworthiness on the Internet. You can use it to quickly determine whether an online store is worth your time.
According to the service:
- Domain age;
- Address of the IP;
- One-of-a-kind trust rating;
- Reputation of the site.
The analysis is based on a comprehensive use of reliable verification technologies. Particularly Web Of Trust and Safe Browsing. In addition, users can see the owner’s registered phone numbers and office addresses.
Users can leave reviews about the website. They can help you determine whether the goods and services of the resource selected are worth using.
4. Check the site’s reputation on WebOfTrust
The Web of Trust (WoT) is a resource for checking websites internationally. About a million sites from all popular providers are in its database.
Your computer will be protected from viruses, scams, phishing, and suspicious software algorithms with Site Controller. The resource has the peculiarity of working only as an extension for your web browser.
5. Using Dr. Web to verify website addresses.
One of the most popular antivirus companies has launched a tool that quickly checks links to any sites and pages.
The advantage of the online scanner is that it can be used both on a computer and on a mobile device. The site uses only reliable algorithms that work in the full version of the antivirus.
The advantage of online scanners is that they can be used on a computer or a mobile device.
A company’s website is its online face. You can find out how long the company has been in business on the site and how it represents itself. On most sites, you can also read customer reviews.
The website of a reliable company will only be high-quality and thoughtful. Fraudulent companies prefer not to invest in their own sites or do them poorly.
The above services can check the website traffic, its age, the reliability of the domain. But all of these parameters are abstract and can not fully judge the safety of the site, guided only by the results of the scan:
- Site is not very old. It is possible that the company has just recently launched its resource since it is new. In some cases, the site is simply moving to a new domain, so its age is also reset.
- Reviewing. Our recommendation is to check the resource again if you are sure the site is reliable since it has only positive reviews. Owners of fraudulent sites often fudge customer reviews in order to confuse you. Resources are often deleted and recreated after receiving a negative comment. That’s why you shouldn’t always trust comments.
- An insecure connection has been made. Despite the fact that you have previously used the website and are 100% sure that it is honest, the browser may automatically determine that the connection is unreliable. A malfunction in the verification algorithm is to blame for this.
In particular, many fraudulent sites began to appear in the field of cryptocurrency and bitcoin earning. Using the services above, you can also detect such dishonest resources. Check out these great bitcoin lending sites that you can be sure are reliable.