To try yourself today in any technology means not to miss your chance for a successful career tomorrow. Programming languages, libraries, and frameworks are constantly updated, and new ones appear. PHP has been proving its viability for many years. Thanks to PHP, 80% of resources appeared and still work (for example, Facebook, WordPress, Wikipedia, Yahoo). The high performance of the language makes it easy to scale applications to run on thousands of servers. At the same time, they are able to withstand a huge load.
If you are a student, this article will help you cope with the difficulties of PHP homework. We will analyze the main points that you should know in order to deal with homework better.
From year to year, students from different universities face some difficulties while doing PHP homework. As a rule, they go to the helping services and leave a request there – do my PHP homework. Working on your order, an expert will pay attention to the requirements that you set in the order form.
What you should know to cope with difficulties
- Basic knowledge of language syntax. It is enough to understand data types and control structures and to have the skills to solve problems and describe algorithms. If you understand that you can write a function that recursively traverses an array of arbitrary nesting, this is an acceptable level.
- Knowledge of layout and CSS. Here it is worth understanding what types of tags exist, knowing how <ol> differs from <ul>, and understanding page styling.
- Git interaction skills. The student must understand the purpose of this tool and be aware of the consequences of its absence. It’s also important to be familiar with the basic operations that can be done with Git: pull, clone, push, fetch, commit, and add.
In addition to students, more and more often, we meet adult professionals who want to radically change their profession. They also may face difficulties while doing PHP homework. When doing assignments, they, of course, cannot do without a base. They need to learn topics such as:
- client-server interaction;
- HTTP protocols and basic OOP principles;
- SQL and database design;
- mechanisms of interaction with servers, sessions, and forms;
- knowledge of layout and styles.
If we talk about basic PHP homework, teachers give students the opportunity to solve a simple problem. Most often, this is writing a small function. In the process of completing the task, teachers can find out how well the student knows the syntax of the language, whether they know how to approach writing code in a structured way, and whether they correctly name variables, functions, and methods. Teachers also pay attention to how a person reasons while solving a problem.
When you have a desire to learn, you will succeed with your PHP homework. We recommend enrolling in a PHP training program besides your study in an educational institution, finding resources from experts for self-paced learning, and reading PHP books. A student improves knowledge and can deal with homework easily.
If to talk about final year students, they get homework where they should use a different approach. For example, teachers give several interrelated classes and ask the student to review the code: share their opinion, and suggest changes. Often, teachers take tasks from real projects, offer to analyze non-trivial cases and fix unusual bugs, and also ask the student to reflect on the customer’s request and offer their own solution to the situation.
There is a trend that some students have: after reading a couple of articles and watching a few tutorial videos on YouTube, they already think that they can deal with any PHP assignment. But just because PHP has a reputation for being easy to learn, that doesn’t mean that this little bit of preparation will be enough. This is a trap for people with a non-technical background.
Behind true success with PHP homework, there is a willingness to learn a lot from scratch, a solid engineering background, or the development of relevant technical skills. There is no magic potion that will make you a programmer in two weeks. Studying the base and doing assignments properly is a lot of work. Even after many years in IT, you need to keep learning and expanding your horizons. Only by constantly improving will you deal with PHP homework without any difficulties.
What is most often forgotten?
Many students do not delve into the basic concepts. But it is always important to learn the basics in order to understand what serves as a foundation in a particular area of technology. Quite often, students do not understand how the session mechanism works. Without a basic understanding of web technologies, it will be difficult to realize that client-server interaction is not magic but a specific set of rules, objects, and relationships between them.
What to study
Check out these resources to help you prepare well for PHP homework.
- TCP/IP protocol stack;
- HTTP, FTP protocols.
- general provisions on the organization of application architecture;
- web application architecture.
- server installation, the configuration of virtual hosts (server blocks).
- Cascading Style Sheets, levels 1, 2
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Cass Snapshot 2018.
- the purpose and goals of the OO approach (in comparison with the procedural one);
- basic principles of OOP, OOA, and OOD;
- Model View Controller pattern.
- development environment (IDE PHPStorm);
- basics of the PHP language;
- functions for interacting with strings, arrays, and the database;
- session and cookies
- operations with the file system and files;
- data serialization;
- functions of work with time;
- XML processing;
- JSON processing;
- regular expressions;
- work with images;
- work with CLI;
- work with the built-in PHP web server;
- OOP in PHP;
- application of design patterns in PHP;
- changes in new versions of PHP;
- PSR coding standards;
- PSR-12 21 standards. PSR-0 and PSR-4 standards and automatic connection of classes;
- PSR-3 logging standard;
- HTTP messages standard for implementing;
- error handling in PHP.
- PHP The Right Way;
- Composer dependency manager
- separation of logic and display.
Good luck with your PHP homework! And remember: the best day to cope with difficulties is today.