Financial troubles can sometimes push us over the edge. One of the options for getting quick cash is to visit a pawn shop. Pawnbrokers provide short-term loans in exchange for you leaving your property with them until your debt is paid off. They often lend 20% to 60% of the resell value of your goods. The loan is typically granted for a shorter time, after which it is repaid with interest.
Laptop computers are among the most regularly pawned commodities. Pawnshops charge from $1 to $1200 to pawn a laptop. However, the price can vary based on your laptop’s brand, quality, and condition. You don’t have to be concerned about the price you’ll get for pawning your laptop because the pawnshop has up-to-date rates and will sort you out quickly.
What will I get if I pawn my laptop? Pawn shop prices for various laptop brands
It is preferable to be aware of the potential pawnshop offer for your laptop ahead of time. It will prevent any potential manipulation by astute brokers. Different laptop versions and brands are priced differently. You will discover a list of specific laptop pawn prices you may be offered below.
- A regular or unnamed Macbook with a minimum pawn value of $60 and a maximum pawn value of $1200. The average price is 312.35$.
- The pawn value of a Macbook Air ranges from $10 to $500, with an average of $217.45.
- The pawn value of a Macbook Pro ranges from $15 to $1100, with an average of 288.13$.
- Asus, on the other hand, has an average pawn value of 144.44$ with a maximum pricing range of 1$ to 650$.
- HP prices range from $5 to $500, with an average of $85.69.
- Alienware laptop is priced from $1 and 550, with an average of 252.65$.
- Samsung’s pawn value ranges from $20 to $75, with an average of $46.75.
- Toshiba prices range from $1 to $300, with an average of $80.
How to Successfully Pawn or Sell Your Laptop
Most pawnshops give the best discounts for high-quality equipment. However, there are ways to present your equipment and earn much more money. Consider the following suggestions to improve the appearance of your laptop and get the best sale price.
- Make a backup of your laptop.
- Delete all personal information.
- You should thoroughly clean your laptop.
- Before you pawn your laptop, familiarise yourself with its specifics.
- Find a pawnshop that deals with comparable gadgets to yours.
When faced with a financial emergency, pawning your laptop should be the last option to consider. Before deciding to pawn your laptop, exhaust all other options, such as loans from friends and family. As much as it is a quick fix, pawning has drawbacks such as exorbitant interest rates and the risk of losing your stuff.