The diversity of India makes it one of the most interesting holiday destinations in the world. With the tourism industry picking up the pieces after the pandemic years, the hotel managers of Indian hotel properties need to ensure their hotels are ready to face the rush of incoming tourists. Hoteliers also need to keep in mind that the hotel industry has gone through a silent transformation and they will need to innovate quickly to stay ahead of their competitors if they want to thrive in the market. Using a hotel management software is one of the first steps a hotel manager can take to bring their property at par with their competition.
There are several hotel management systems that are used by hotel managers but every hotel manager needs to choose a software as per the needs of their property. There are several other factors that business owners need to keep in mind before finding a suitable software for their hotel property. Here are some of the features that you should keep in mind when you go looking for a hotel software.
- Cloud compatibility is a must to ensure the software is upgraded with the latest features and security measures.
- An easy learning curve will help to familiarize staff with the software without creating the hassle of extensive and repetitive training.
- The software should be able to run on any modern hardware such as desktop, laptops, mobile, and tablets. Mobile compatibility adds to the staff’s ability to access the software remotely as well.
- Automation is the key to success for busy hotels. The software should allow managers to automate simple tasks so that they can use the staff’s skills in the appropriate places.
- Support for third party software is essential as hotels often use software that is designed for their specific needs and requirements.
- The software should come with powerful data management tools to generate reports as per needs of the hotel property.
- Customer support is also an essential feature for any PMS to deal with technical issues or any outages that might happen while using the software.
- The software should be easy to customize as per the needs of the hotel property. From choosing specific features to adjusting the workflow as per the staff’s requirements, all actions should be easy to handle.
What has Changed for the Hotel Industry in Recent Years?
Gone Indian Hospitality Industry are the days when customers were used to waiting for confirmation of their hotel reservation. Today’s customers want lightning fast responses and confirmation of any activity they perform while booking a stay at a hotel.
One way to deal with the increasing customer expectations is to use chatbots and AI that can take care of the frequently asked questions of the customers. The response from the chatbots is instantaneous and customers can easily navigate the interface to ask their queries to the hotel’s chatbot. A hotel PMS software can help India based hotels to create interesting chatbots that have all the information about their hotel to answer customer queries.
Further, hotels can use voice based controls in their rooms through AI assistants so that customers can order room service without calling the front desk.
Personalized Hotel Experience in India
Guests these days expect hotels to go above and beyond the call of duty to offer a one of a kind experience for the guests when they choose a property. Simply being good is not enough these days, it is more likely that guests will choose a property for future visits when they feel a personalized experience is provided to them. Hotels can achieve this by using a robust hotel PMS that understands the needs and requirements of the guests.
The preferences of the guests can be recorded into the database so that the information can be used the next time the guest chooses the hotel. Whether it is food preference, room location choice, or any other requests, the information is the key to making guests feel valued and cared for. Hotels can also provide business travelers with offers like high-speed WiFi, conference rooms, and more. As India becomes a preferred choice of international businesses, Indian hotels can capitalize on the incoming rush of business travelers by providing a stay experience that is focused on business travelers.
A Rise in Local Competition in Indian Hospitality Sector
The rise in competition has created a need for modern hotels to improve their offerings in every way. Today’s hoteliers are competing with small hotels, AirBnB properties, home stays and much more as every business has moved largely online.
In such a highly competitive marketplace, savvy business leaders need to use every tool in their arsenal to stay a step ahead of their competitors. Using hotel management software is the first step in modernizing your hotel business. The software suite is designed with the end user in mind and it makes the hotel booking process and guest onboarding easy as ever. Along with that, there are several powerful features that improve the productivity of the staff by giving them more time to do the important tasks in the hotel. Often, the repetitive tasks in the hotel premises are off-loaded onto the hotel management software. Some of these tasks include creating reports, assigning duties to the staff, managing inventory, automating check-in and check-out, sending feedback emails to customers and more.
A hotel management software is a must for any hotel property that is operating in the region. At mycloud Hospitality, you can get access to an award-winning software suite that is developed with the needs of end users in mind. Whether you manage a hotel chain or operate a small B&B, you can customize the software to suit the needs of your business. The best part is that you can be up and running with the software in as less as four hours.